Accessible Arts & Media is proud to be an official Arts Award Supporter.
If you’re aged 7 to 25 and working towards your Arts Award, then Accessible Arts & Media can help support you on your journey. Through our IMPs programme and other activities we can offer opportunities to work towards all levels of Arts Award:
• Experience and enjoy a wide variety of activities with our groups including our weekly sessions and our gigs and performances
• Explore opportunities to volunteer on projects and events and meet our artists
• Challenge and develop your music, communication and leadership skills through our weekly IMPs sessions, our IMPs Committee and our apprentice training programme
If you’re an adult supporting young people who are working towards their Arts Award, we’d love to talk to you about how we could help. For example:
• Our apprentice-led singing and signing workshops and accessible music making workshops are great, inclusive creative activities. They also give young people the chance to talk to our apprentices about how they’re developing their own creative leadership skills
• Creating bespoke projects or workshops that help young people attain their arts award – we work with a large pool of talented freelance artists in a range of art forms
The Arts Award is a scheme that supports young people to grow as artists and arts leaders whilst gaining accredited qualifications. The scheme aims to inspire young people to enjoy the arts and explore their creativity, whilst developing communication and leadership skills. This is recognised through Arts Award national qualifications, offered at five levels: Discover, Explore, Bronze (equivalent to a Foundation Diploma), Silver (equivalent to a GCSE) and Gold (equivalent to an A-level).
Click here to find out more about the Arts Award.