IMPs (Inclusive Music Projects) - IMPs Apprentice Training Programme
- Location: Burton Stone Community Centre
- Time: Monday evenings 6pm - 7:30pm
- Cost: £5 (subsidised places available)
The IMPs Apprentice Training Programme is open to young people who take part in our Senior IMPs group. Apprentices take part in training sessions every few weeks and they plan and deliver music workshops for other young people.
Taking part in the IMPs Apprentice Training Programme helps you:
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Build your confidence
- Develop skills in planning and working as a team
- Get experience of what it means to be professional
- Learn how to plan and deliver a music workshop
You can also use your experience as an apprentice to count towards an Arts Award qualification or a Duke of Edinburgh Award.
More information on the IMPs Apprentice Training Programme
The IMPs apprentices are young people who are members of the Senior IMPs group. They get together once every half term for a training session, led by professional music leaders. Typical training session activities include:
- Talking about what makes a good workshop
- Learning about how to structure a workshop
- Coming up with warm up activities
- Practising leading warm ups, songs and musical activities
- Learning how to adapt activities for different groups
Some young people come to IMPs independently and others come along with a carer or support worker. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual support needs.
To find out more you can email us at [email protected] or call us on 01904 626965 for a chat.