Could you make a difference to our vital, dynamic charity?
We're looking to expand our Board of Trustees, to bring in different people with skills and experience to complement our present team, including a Trustee to take on the role of Treasurer.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve not been a charity trustee before. What’s more important is the skills and experience Trustees bring to the Board.
We’re particularly keen to hear from people who have one or more of the following:
- Lived experience (either personal or through a friend or family member) of learning disability, physical disability, or mental ill-health, or people living with dementia and memory loss,
- Experience of managing budgets of c£250k,
- Understanding of current issues in care & disability including funding,
- Understanding of current issues in health & well-being including funding,
- Digital (its use both internally and for delivery of our work)
- HR / people management.
We value both work and lived experiences within our Trustee Board and you don’t have to have been on a Board before. We’re committed to developing more diverse representation on our Board and for our Trustees to reflect the community we engage with through our work. We don’t expect you to be knowledgeable about the arts or media – understanding issues around disability, mental health or dementia is more important, though not necessarily at a professional level.
We’re keen to hear from disabled people, people under 40, men and majority ethnic people who are underrepresented on our Board.
If you’d like to be considered, then we’d love to hear from you!
To download our application pack, please click here
Closing date for applications is 12th September 2022.